Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Building Sentences-Dragonfly


My first blog was about froggy building sentences, an activity we did each week. I’m adding another one of the other weeks right now. I sure hope you like them!

If you didn’t see the first post, here is how we practiced these sentences.
 
 
  Partner up students. Each pair gets a bag, they scramble up the cards, put them in order and read. They raise their hand to read it to me. Each student must be able to read it or they have to try it again. Once they have read it correctly they write it on their recording sheet. I remind them to write small, use finger spaces and remembering that pesky period. After they have it written they get a new baggie. Now, this activity usually only lasted us about 15 to 20 minutes. Some kiddos may get one sentence done and others may fill their page! That’s okay! Each kiddo works at their own pace. I want quality over quantity.

I’ll keep adding more so check back. : )

Dragon Fly Sentences <--- click for your copy!!! please comment or follow me too.

Here is a prep tip- print it in black and white so you don’t waste your precious colored ink and run it on colored construction paper. The construction paper is sturdier and holds up nicely when laminated.

 

This is how I kept my sentences organized. Each kiddo brought gallon Ziploc bags, snack bags, sandwich and quart bags as part of their school supply list and boy did we use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment